Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goodbye, Marquette!

Today is our last day working with the YMCA. It's strange because it seems like we just got here; but it also feels like we've been in Michigan forever. I've had a great time working with the kids in Marquette and doing maintenance tasks around the different Y facilities. It's such a beautiful city and the people here are so friendly and generous. Though I'm excited that we're headed to Minot, North Dakota to do disaster relief, I am bummed out to be leaving the UP.


In other news, I just found out I'm the first person in the Maple Unit of the North Central NCCC region to reach 1700 hours, the amount needed to graduate in November. Hooray! I felt pretty badass when I found this out. Also, I totally turned 27 today. That means I'm officially in my late 20's. Holy crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment