Monday, November 14, 2011

Ledge Guy Gets Married

I met Ron Martin about 12 years ago in the New Egypt High School art club. I was terrible at art, but Ron was great, and still is. (Remember his name because he will likely be wildly famous someday). My friend Laina enlisted me to help her and Ron paint holiday murals around the school. Ron got the nickname "Ledge Guy" because he was great at scraping paint off the window ledges. He was only at NEHS for a year before his family moved to Long Beach Island, NJ, but we kept in touch for years and he has remained one of my favorite people of all time. Our senior year, I was his date to prom. In college, we visited each other often while I was at BU and he was studying art at Cooper Union in NYC. Last year I flew out to spend a few days with him and his family in San Francisco where they live now, and I met his beautiful girlfriend, Alejandra. Then this weekend I had the chance to visit him againfor their wedding! The ceremony was at a gorgeous orchid greenhouse in Pacifica, California.





The reception was at a friend's home and included amazing Mexican food and equally amazing people who I immediately Facebook friended at the end of the night. I was especially honored to have the pleasure of DJ'ing the reception with an iTunes playlist made by yours truly. What a weekend! Ron has always been one of the kindest, most generous, laid back people I have ever met, and I'm so happy I could spend this special time with the Martin family. Thanks for making me feel like part of the fam this weekend, and CONGRATS TO RON AND ALEJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment