Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Boss-town Peeps

Recently Lisa and I had a few friends over to celebrate the holidays. There was an awesome Christmas tree, some bean dip, and a mix of holiday and hip-hop songs. (Not to be confused with holiday-themed hip hop songs) Little did I know this would turn into a surprise going-away party! Kate and Lisa complied tons of photos for an amazing video slide show and it was truly a tear-jerker of epic proportions. As usual this party culminated in a hallway dance-off. Here's a brief photo re-cap of the evening. In this shot, Tyler and I are warming our bums by the DVD fireplace:

Lisa by the tree:
Mike wearing a festive shirt that I forced him into for this second-year-in-a-row photo-op.

Zealous party goers:

It was an all-around great way to say "goodbye for now!" to my Boston friends and celebrate the season. Now, it's officially my last week at WGBH and my co-workers were nice enough to take me out to lunch AND drinks! I'm a lucky girl, as I enjoy both of those activities very much. While sipping on a Shirley Temple with some of my work chums, they presented me with a $2 bill (provided by my co-worker, Toanya) and signed by all of them for good luck. Pretty cool, right?:

What a bummer that I'll be leaving all of these awesome peeps. Thanks everybody, you really made my going-away special & I'll miss you all very much in Iowa!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I'm so glad you're having a fun last few weeks. We love you so much here, and you will be missed. But I have to keep reminding myself you'll be back before we know it!

    ReplyDelete