Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Last Night, First Night

Do you know that on New Years Eve, Boston has an annual dragon parade? Every year there is a First Night procession, and this year's theme was "outer space." But I saw no astronauts, and the last 2 times I have witnessed this awesome display there were numerous dragons involved. Being that my friends Kate & Nick had just treated us to a delicious margarita 10 mins prior to watching this parade, I was in understandably high spirits. haha In fact, Lisa, the Sambucos, and I were having such a great time dancing around and cheering that little kids were staring at us with confused looks. We concluded the night eating delicious ricotta balls, cupcakes and cheese dip prepared by Kate, drinking champagne, & rocking out to Dick Clark's NYE celebration starring NKOTBSB. That's right: New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys together at last. T'was my last night in Boston, for the time being - and it did not disappoint. The next morning when Lisa and I returned to our apartment I finished moving all of the furniture and boxes out of my room and said a temporary goodbye to Boston. This last part was pretty depressing. We balled our eyes out, then in my car on the way to NJ I cried some more. But in the words of Governer Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger circa 1984,"I'll Be Back."

2 comments:

  1. You better be back lady. My couch misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I cried some more on my drive to work too...But you will be back so soon (at least that's what I keep telling myself)! And until then, I find another way to keep the dancing alive in my life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete