Sunday, December 4, 2011

Big Apple

Sometimes in NYC I feel like a small fish in a big pond. Even after years of visiting friends who live there and completing a summer internship near Columbus Circle, I always feel a bit overwhelmed. Last weekend Lara and I drove back from her parent's house in Michigan to the apartment she shares with her husband, Dave, on the Upper West Side. In a stroke of luck we ended up with an un-metered parking spot right in front of her building. We ate some of the most amazing Indian food I have ever had. At one point I was walking through Central Park and saw this guy in the photo below playing jazz saxophone. Then down the street at the zoo I hung out with a polar bear. There are museums everywhere. I checked out the NY Historical Society and saw a pretty sweet video about the city. On our way to pick up sodas from the grocery store we walked out of Lara's apartment and into the city's biggest winter festival, with musicians and a tree lighting, which we had just been watching on TV moments before. All of these things served to remind me of why New York is such a great place. Even though it can sometimes be a lot to take in, there is always something fantastic to do or see right outside your door.



No comments:

Post a Comment