Friday, February 11, 2011

Ready, Set... Lead.

Today is officially the last day of team leader training on campus. So in theory, we should be able to lead these Corps Members (CM’s) next week with confidence! I’m pretty excited because I volunteered to kick off the Team Leader (TL) introduction to CM’s portion of the training at their first community meeting on Wednesday. Our presentation will consist of a pretty sweet PowerPoint slideshow I put together with one slide for each TL featuring ridiculous facts about them and random Google images. In the background we’ll play “Ya’ll Ready for This?” and I’m hoping my AmeriPeeps will break out some killer dance moves. Imma have to put more work into this over the weekend. At this point I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed with information to process including the tons of policies to remember, forms to be familiar with, things to think about as far as my stance on discipline, delegation and what not. This training has been a great experience for me. I feel like I’ve learned a lot about leadership, gained confidence in my ability to do this job, and made some pretty awesome friendships that I can lean on for advice going forward.

On the agenda for tonight? Fish fry at the American Legion. But first, I think I'll enjoy a delicious root beer float. Thanks to my cooking team for coming up with this genius idea:

3 comments:

  1. Root beef float? Is that a typo or for real!? Please explain the thought process behind this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha That's hilarious. Definitely a typo. I love beef and all but something about mixing it with ice cream just doesn't seem right. Good catch there, champ. Just fixed it!

    P.S. The fish fry was delicious. A bunch of 70+ year-old peeps just hanging out enjoying some coleslaw and homemade carrot cake. Everything I could hope for and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....meat + ice cream. I think I've heard this somewhere before. Anyone? ;O)

    ReplyDelete