Saturday, July 23, 2011

It Boggles the Mind

On my walk back from the laundry mat recently, I made 2 realizations.

#1: People in Marquette are super friendly. I had about a dozen strangers either smile at me or say hello during a 20 minute walk. After consulting friend and fellow team leader Kellie Mattingly about this anomaly, she suggested I check my fly. It was not down. So that eliminates one explanation. Odd. In Boston, even NJ for that matter, you don't often greet people on the street because they will think you are a weirdo or want money. Here, it's perfectly acceptable.

#2: It stays bright here until crazy late. The sun doesn't set until after 10pm. I think this is a combo of the fact that we are so far north and right on the border of where the time zones change from Central to Eastern. These photos were taken with my cell phone at 9:45pm. The first one is in front of the Superior Dome, home of the Northern Michigan University Wildcats and the largest wooden dome structure in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment